The following procedure will guide you through recording with one microphone on the BR-900CD. This is useful if you are recording the vocals of a song.
- Lower the MASTER fader.
- Connect headphones to the headphone jack or speakers to the LINE OUT jacks on the back panel.
- Connect your microphone into MIC 1 (either XLR or 1/4") on the back panel of the BR-900CD.
NOTE: If you are using a condenser microphone that requires Phantom Power (48 volts), you will need to connect to the XLR input on the back panel and not the 1/4" input.
- Press INPUT SELECT button for MIC (VOCAL).
- If you are using a microphone that does NOT require Phantom Power (48 volts), skip to step 5 below.
If you are using a condenser microphone, turn on the Phantom Power:
a. Press UTILITY.
b. Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select “SYS”and then press ENTER.
c. Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select "Phantom SW" and then use the data dial to set the function to "ON":
d. Press EXIT twice.
- Adjust the INPUT knob for MIC (VOCAL) so that the red PEAK indicator lights briefly at the loudest sounds when singing or talking into the microphone.
- While singing or talking into the microphone, adjust the INPUT LEVEL knob so that the IN meter on the LCD is showing levels close to -6db.
- Slowly raise the MASTER fader.
Note: If speakers are connected, be sure that their power is on and that their volume is turned up.
- Press one of the mono track REC buttons to select the track on which recording will occur. Be sure that the selected button is blinking--regardless of the color.
- Press REC and then press PLAY. Recording will begin.
- Press STOP to end recording.