The CD-2i can burn at two different speeds: 4X and 8X. This means that the CD-2i can use any disc that can write up to 8X speed. When the packaging on a blank CD disc says "4X - 52X", it means that the disc can write up to 52X speed and can support lower write speeds--such as the CD-2i's 4X or 8X write speed.
Please note that while there are not specific brands or model numbers of CDs to use, here are blank CD specifications for the CD-2i that can be found from retailers:
- Use CD-R or CD-RW "data" discs.
Note: "Music" discs or discs meant for "music recording" are not compatible for burning on the CD-2i--"data" discs only.
- Blank CD-R discs that have a burn speed of 8X or higher are compatible.
- Blank CD-RW discs that have a burn speed of 4X or higher are compatible.
- Blank discs generally come in "700MB/80 mins" and "650MB/74 mins"; the CD-2i is compatible with both.
- Blank CD-R and CD-RW discs can be found in most electronic or computer stores or online. For example: searching on Google Shopping for "CD-R blank data disc 12X" or "CD-R blank data disc 52x".
The table below shows the functions available for each type of media.