The PCR-M30/50/80 MIDI Controller Keyboards normally require that a Roland USB driver be installed on your computer to be able to communicate correctly. If you do not have a Roland driver, or have an operating system that is not supported, you can set the PCR keyboard to use the MIDI driver that is built into your computer's operating system (for instance, Core MIDI on Mac OSX). There are two settings available:
- Original: This setting requires that a Roland USB driver be installed in your computer to work properly
- Generic: This setting does not require a Roland USB driver, so it is useful for operating systems for which a Roland driver is not available.
Here are the steps to make this setting:
- Press EDIT. The display will indicate “Edt.”
- Press the "SYSTEM" key. The display will indicate "SY0."
- Press the "#6" key then press ENTER.
- Use DEC/INC buttons to specify the desired USB MIDI driver type. Set this to "orG" to use a Roland USB driver, or set it to "GEn" to use the built-in / generic MIDI driver on your computer.
- Press ENTER.