It's possible to split the Trigger Inputs on the SPD-SX PRO. Doing so allows you to have two pads (or triggers) connected to each input, for total of 8 pads/triggers.
To set this up correctly, you'll first need to have a "stereo insert" cable for each input that you want to split - like the Roland PCS-31L (sold separately), and then set the Input Mode in the SPD-SX PRO.
You can use any other similar stereo insert cable that you may have already. Roland makes the RCC-5-TR28 which can be used as well.
Here's how to setup the Input Mode and set the Trig Type in the SPD-SX PRO:
- Press MENU.
- Press the Cursor < / > buttons to highlight the SYSTEM tab.
- Cursor down to highlight "PAD/TRIG IN," and then press ENTER.
- Press the F1 button to select the PARAM tab.
- Hit the external connected pad/trigger to select the input.
- Turn the value dial to select "TRIGx2" for the Input Mode.
- Cursor down to highlight the "Trig Type" field.
- Turn the VALUE knob to select the appropriate Trigger Type. For example, if you have a KD-10 kick pad connected to the input, choose "KD-10."
- Repeat Steps 5 and 7 for any other pads/triggers that you have connected.
- Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.
Tip: You can further edit and adjust the detailed Sensitivity parameters for each pad/trigger that are available within the same TRIG PARAM menu.