If you're not using the Editor App to edit the Kits in the SPD-SX PRO, you can still assign sounds to the pads (or external pads/triggers) within the on-board PAD EDIT menu. Here's how to assign sounds to the pads in a Kit:
- Choose a Kit to edit.
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to highlight the "KIT EDIT1" tab, and then cursor down to "PAD EDIT."
- Press ENTER.
- Hit the pad that you'd like to assign.
- Turn the VALUE dial to choose the desired sound for LAYER A.
- If desired, cursor right to highlight the LAYER B sound, and then turn the VALUE dial to choose the desired sound for LAYER B.
- Repeat Steps 5-6 for any remaining pads.
- Press the KIT button when you're finished. The new assignments are saved in the Kit automatically.