Your V-8HD has two 1/4" jacks for connecting foot switch pedals for hands-free operation. It is compatible with the following Boss foot switch and expression pedal models:
Note: The FS-5U only uses CTL B ASSIGN. More information about this is detailed later in this guide.
To setup the pedal, on the V-8HD, press [ MENU ], select [ CTL/EXP ], choose port 1 or 2, and push ENTER on the [ VALUE ] knob.
In the CTL/EXP menu, change CTL/EXP TYPE to CTL A & CTL B for the FS-5U/FS-6, and EXP for the EV-5/FV-500H/FV-500L.
Next, assign your preferred functions to CTL A ASSIGN and CTL B ASSIGN.
- If using the FS-5U, you only have one button, so you can use either a TS or TRS cable for connection to the V-8HD.
- The FS-5U does not use a battery.
- Additionally, the FS-5U only utilizes the CTL B ASSIGN setting, so you do not need to adjust the CTL A ASSIGN setting.
- The FS-6 has two buttons, so you need a TRS cable for connection to the V-8HD.
- The FS-6 uses a 9V battery, and the foot switch pedal is powered on when the TRS cable is connected, so make sure to remove the cable when you are no longer using it.
- The FS-6 utilizes both the CTL A ASSIGN and CTL B ASSIGN settings.
FS-5U/FS-6 COMMAND LIST
You can assign the following functions to CTL A ASSIGN and CTL B ASSIGN:
When setting up an expression pedal for the first time, you need to calibrate it.
Select EXP CALIBRATE in the CTL/EXP menu.
Follow the steps on the menu screen, pressing ENTER on the [ VALUE ] knob when prompted.
When the process is complete, you can then go back and set the EXP ASSIGN.
EV-5 COMMAND LIST
You can assign the following functions to an expression pedal:
Test the functions on your foot switch or expression pedal while the menu is open, to confirm the settings function correctly, and make any adjustments if necessary.
For more information about the Foot Switch Setup, refer to the V-8HD Reference Manual.
Note that this is a separate document from the Owner's Manual, or the Remote Owner's Manual.