If an SD memory card has been used on a computer or other device, and any data remains on that SD memory card, there will be correspondingly less available recording time. By formatting the SD memory card, you can erase all data from the card, ensuring that the full capacity of the card will be available for recording.
- When you format an SD memory card, all data stored on that card will be erased. Content
lost in this way cannot be recovered.
- You can’t format an SD memory card if its write protect switch (Page 26) is in the “LOCK”
- Insert the SD memory card that you want to format.
- Press the [MENU] button to access the menu screen, and choose “Format?”
- Press the [MENU] button to access the menu screen.
- Use the left and right arrow buttons to choose “Format?”
- Press the [ENTER] button to confirm your choice.
- If you’re sure you want to proceed, press the [ENTER] button.
- If you’re still sure you want to proceed, press the [ENTER] button. (If you decide to cancel, press the [EXIT] button.)
The screen will show “Processing..,” and the card will be formatted. When formatting is
completed, you’re returned to the audio source screen.