A Saxophone has 21 performance keys, meaning there are more than 2 million combinations in which you can press or play the keys. In addition to 'standard' fingering, there are many 'Alternate' fingering technicities. The AE-01 & AE-05 is able to store 6 different alternative fingering layouts.
Please use the following procedure to edit any of the factory fingerings or make your your own from scratch.
- Select 'Fingering Mode' from the main menu on the Aerophone Go app.
- Select which fingering mode you wish to edit. For example 'TRUMPET'.
- Select 'Editing the Fingering 01' to change the fingering of that note. If you wish to start from scratch please touch reset at the bottom of the screen.
Then touch each key on the screen how you wish to finger your chosen note. For example, as below you can see the keys in orange are the keys I wish to finger for this particular note.
- Then simply select the actual pitch of note you want the Aerophone to sound. In the example above I have chosen to play C4 when fingering the top three keys of the Aerophone. Please ensure you touch 'WRITE' to save this particular note.
- Please make sure each note you have assigned or each note you want assigned is set to 'ON' as below. If it is not highlighted as 'ON' the default fingering of that note will be used.
- Finally, touch 'OK to return the the Main Menu.