You can import WAVE and AIFF files to the SP-404SX via SD card and assign them to pads.
NOTE: By using the SP-404SX Wave Converter software, you can easily import WAVE files from your computer For details, refer to “Importing Wave Files from Your Computer” in the SP-404SX Owner's Manual (page 22).
- Using your computer, copy the sample file (WAV/AIFF) into the SD card’s “ROLAND/IMPORT” folder.
- Use an SD card that was formatted by the SP-404SX. If you’re using the SD card that was included with the SP-404SX, don’t format the card.
- Insert the SD card into the SP-404SX, then switch on power to the SP-404SX.
- Make sure that the PATTERN SELECT button is not lit.
- Hold down the FUNC button and press Pad 3 (IMPORT). The display will indicate “i N P ” (File Import), the REC button will light, and Pads 1–12 will blink.
- Press one of the BANK buttons to select the import-destination sample bank.
- If you specify a bank that is protected, the display will indicate “P r t ” (Protected), and you won’t be able to import the file.
- Select the import-destination pad.
- The pad you select will light, and the other pads will stop blinking.
- The REC button will also blink. If a sample is assigned to the selected pad (or subsequent pads if you selected more than one pad), it will be overwritten.
- Press the REC button so the button is lit.
- The import process will begin and the dot in the display will blink. When the blinking dot has disappeared, the import process has been completed.